Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Just Shameful... :)


"Where has Tara Jane been", you ask? :) Not updating my blog, that's for sure!! There has been so much going on for us in the past year and a half!

First of all, Christopher graduated with his master's in nurse anesthesia at the beginning of May! Woo hoo, finally!! :) He passed his boards with flying colors and started as a CRNA at Palmetto Health Baptist on June 14th. I "retired" as the school nurse at Brennen at the end of the school year and have been working hard at home. :) I recently started designing my own line of accessories and hope to be able to do much more of that now that I actually have some free time.

The decision to stay in Columbia was certainly bittersweet. We have really missed our friends and family in Florence and were certain that we would end up back there. Just before Christmas of last year, we came to a quick realization that the house that we'd bought in our cookie-cutter neighborhood was impossible to sell. There were/are 12 others (that are exactly like ours) for sale, most of which have been on the market for almost a year. We started praying about what to do and literally the next day, a good friend let Christopher know about a position at Baptist. We continued to pray and talk to family and finally made the decision that we needed to stick around Columbia. It's been the most awesome thing to discover almost daily, the reasons that God wanted us to be here. Just since New Year's, we've had the opportunity to get much more involved in church at Shandon and have made TONS of new friends, which has been so exciting!!

Well, I'm off to lunch with my friend Tina - her husband graduates from anesthesia school next May and I KNOW how she feels!! :) Except, they have a two-year-old in the mix - holy cow!!

I promise I'll be much more diligent about keeping up with my blog. :) I've missed keeping in touch with everyone!

Tara Jane :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Well I prayed to and Jesus told me my friend was moving back to Florence =) Just kidding (maybe)...I guess that must mean I need to come to Columbia and spend the day with you =)