Tuesday, July 1, 2008

This past weekend...


Do we look like death warmed over or what? :)

Well, I guess I should speak for myself, huh! This past weekend, I worked at McLeod in the Children's Hospital on Saturday night (7P-7A). I haven't worked since the end of April, so I made sure to tell Tammy as soon as I got there that I wasn't sure I remembered how to be a nurse, so she might have to help me. :) Working prn is a good idea in some respects because it keeps me up on my nursing skills that I don't get to use at the elementary school. Plus, it keeps me up to date on hospital gossip...you know...who's pregnant, who's trying to get pregnant, who got married, who found a new job, etc. I miss my friends at McLeod SOSOOSOSOSO much! But that drive is killer, especially with the price of gas right now!

Other than that, Christopher and I didn't really do anything. He had clinical every single day this past week, including Saturday, so he was pretty busy with that. He gets up at 4:00 AM and gets home after 4:00 PM. Plus, he tries to go to bed early. So he's no fun. :) He did go with me to Florence Saturday night, though, which was pretty nice. His grandmother and uncles were in town, so he went and visited with his family and spent the night with Maw Maw (his other grandmother) and then picked me up on Sunday morning after I got off of work and chauffered me home. :) Christopher's PaPa died last year the day before my birthday. Talk about a change for the family! And Sunday was PaPa's birthday. So it was really neat for Christopher to spend time with Maw Maw that morning and eat breakfast with her before he came to get me. Maw Maw is such a wonderful, fun, outgoing and friendly lady. I LOVE her...she cracks me up. I was so glad that things worked out the way they did so that he could spend time with her.

1 comment:

Drew, Amber and Anna Kate said...

Good ol night shift at McLeod! I must say that I don't miss those at all! Looks like you and Christopher are doing great! Happy early anniversary! I remember I had to miss ya'lls wedding thanks to my wonderful gallbladder!