Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our Atlanta trip...

I know this trip was like 2 weeks ago, but I've been slack with posts for some reason. My mother-in-law told me the other day that she keeps checking for updates, so I finally felt guilty enough and decided to get it together! :)


Anyway, Christopher and I went to Atlanta for July 4-9th. It was a super-early anniversary trip (our anniversary isn't until August 12th). Christopher will be back in school by then and I'll be back at work on August 4th, so we knew we needed to do whatever we were going to do early. We stayed downtown at The Ellis, which was a really cool boutique-style hotel. Our room was really pretty...the only thing was that our view from our window was literally of the building next door, which was 5 feet away. :) Wish I had known about that!!

On the 4th of July, we went to the Braves game, which was SO MUCH FUN! I haven't been to the new stadium yet, so that was really cool. The weather was super-nice, too, so that helps!

They had some extra-special stuff since it was the 4th of July, which was really cool. I wish that you could have seen how big this flag really was! It was HUGE!!!

There's definitely a story behind the picture below. :) Christopher and I were given a gift certificate to a restaurant called The Palm when we went on our honeymoon to Beverly Hills and Hollywood. Needless to say, it was AWESOME! (Thanks Jameson!) When we were there, all these people around us were eating these HUGE lobsters. Neither of us had ever had lobster before and decided against ordering it, but we've been talking about it ever since. So when I realized that there was a Palm Restaurant in Atlanta, I checked it out and they were doing their summer lobster special again. So we had to take advantage of the opportunity. I got to wear a lobster bib. :)


One really cool part was the Georgia Aquarium. It was SO COOL! I know that all of you who have kids would really, really like it. You even get to pet sting rays and sharks!
I don't have any pictures of this, but the whole reason we went to Atlanta was to go to see Dave Matthews, which was AWESOME. His saxophone player had just been in an ATV accident a couple of days before that, but they had a substitute who was the saxophonist for Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. It rained a little bit, but we definitely didn't care. :)

2 comments:

amyop said...

I love the Lobster Bib! Hope the two of you are doing good!

Amber and Matt said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Mr & Mrs Snead!!!