Thursday, June 19, 2008

My FAVORITE picture. :)

Is this not the coolest picture ever???



There's a picture of Christopher with 2 other guys earlier in my posts and I mentioned that Chad (the guy who was in the middle) was in Iraq. He just got back a few weeks ago and this picture is of him and his wife, Karen, hugging. I just LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!! The Mieles have an exchange student staying with them and he took this picture when Chad got back a few weeks ago. Christopher and I visited them on my birthday and the stories he told us were horrible, to say the least. And he was involved in a bombing on his very last mission right before he was scheduled to come home. So we are SO thankful that he is home now, safe and sound!


Needless to say, I think this picture belongs in a magazine!!!!


I'm so humbled by their sacrifice...both Chad's and Karen's. Chad is a First Lieutenant and was in charge of over 40 men while in Iraq. He and Christopher went to Florence Christian together, then were at the Citadel together. They were in the same company at the Citadel (Delta), but Christopher is a year older than Chad. So here this group is, in Iraq, with a 24-year-old guy as a direct leader. I mean, Chad has been through extensive training and was more than well-qualified for the job. But imagine the pressure for him! He was directly responsible for the safety of these men and women and bringing them home safely to their spouses, families, and children!!


...And Karen was home in Florence. Patiently waiting. I just realize how selfish I am. I couldn't even stand to be away from Christopher when I was spending every other weekend in Florence working at the hospital! And when he's at the hospital for 16-hour overnight call shifts in the OR, I can't sleep. At all. I just admire both of them so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.